Essential Business Writing Skills
Constructing a well written report, letter or e-mail is challenging for many in the workplace.
Ensuring that your written communication is grammatically correct, well-structured and succinct can make the difference as to whether ideas are adopted, and action is taken.
This course covers the essentials of written communication in plain English and will ensure that your message hits the mark in an environment where time and attention spans are everything.
Who’s it for?
- Anyone who communicates regularly in the written format.
- Those who write business reports or who need help in letter writing.
- Anyone that regularly writes e-mails.
Indicative Duration – 1 day
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Prepare and structure a business report
- Use succinct language to clearly communicate a message
- Respond directly to points raised in earlier written communication
- Use language designed to catch the attention of the reader
- Make clear recommendations in a report or e-mail
- Avoid common grammatical errors
- As part of the preparation for the course, delegates will be asked to bring sample e-mails or reports so they can work pragmatically on real life documents
- Planning your document – why are you writing it and what are your key points
- Creating an impacting document, capturing the reader’s attention quickly
- Using the language of benefits
- Editing, paragraphing and abbreviating your document
- Grammar and English business language
- Dealing with complaints
- Concluding your document – how to make a call to action
- Action planning
Why Use Us?
Collaboration with you ensuring our solutions are relevant and contemporary
Over 100 years combined experience in learning and development
Clear and transparent pricing
Honest and straightforward advice without the jargon
Focus on outcomes and performance development
Highly experienced team of consultants