Coaching Skills for Peak Performance
Developing the individuals within your team is an essential management skill. Not only does it enhance the capability and capacity within your team to achieve goals, it is also vital as a motivational and succession planning tool.
Helping managers to build discovery-based learning through coaching builds commitment and confidence. As a tool it is invaluable in delivering performance and develops working relationships built on trust and support. Coaching is a skill which requires careful balance and facilitation.
This programme equips managers with proven techniques that will pay dividends for years to come.
Who’s it for?
Managers who wish to develop their coaching style to engage individuals in a more participative manner.
It is also suitable for new managers who need to upskill their teams quickly.
Indicative Duration – 2 days
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Use a range of coaching techniques depending on the needs of the individual
- Set realistic coaching development objectives
- Organise and break down complicated subjects to build capability
- Facilitate conversations to help individuals discover and implement answers
- Observe and feedback on performance and identify further coaching needs
- The difference between training and coaching
- Adult learning styles – selecting the most appropriate method for coaching
- Preparing your coaching sessions – setting learning objectives and chunking your sessions
- Creating coaching contracts and learning logs
- Verbal and non-verbal communication in coaching sessions
- Input and output coaching
- Discovery based learning
- Facilitation and questioning techniques
- Dealing with difficult answers and facilitating towards a different action plan
- Coaching models including GROW
- Observation protocols and feedback sessions
- Seeking feedback on your coaching style
- Practice sessions using real life example
Why Use Us?
Collaboration with you ensuring our solutions are relevant and contemporary
Over 100 years combined experience in learning and development
Clear and transparent pricing
Honest and straightforward advice without the jargon
Focus on outcomes and performance development
Highly experienced team of consultants